CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR “A” MOUNTAIN STAFF AWARD
Open until April 16, 2014
Is there someone in your office or in another department that represents qualities of integrity, dedication, skill, endurance, resilience, determination and passion in performance of their duties? If so, nominate them for Employee Council’s “A” Mountain staff award. Nominations are now being accepted for all full-time, regular NMSU staff employees. Employee Council is looking for nominees who demonstrate the following traits:
- Innovation: Exceptional efforts to improve the University’s effectiveness through enhanced systems or processes.
- Responsiveness: Resourceful, effective behaviors/actions demonstrated in reaction to an unforeseen circumstance or extraordinary situation; timeliness.
- Service: Exceptional efforts to provide superior service to all “customers.”
- Spirit: Positive outlook; supportive of NMSU’s initiatives and goals.
- Teamwork: Ability to work with others in another department/division toward a shared goal; ability to recognize diverse strengths.
- Above and beyond: Demonstrated service or support that is not normally expected as part of their everyday job responsibilities.
Thank you for our past Employee Council Members:
Roseanne Bensley Allan Kaplan Patricia Hartell Brian Koller
Carmen Kottong Cherri Lambeth Mari Langford Fred Lillibridge
Purpose of Employee Council
The Employee Council is an advisory body to the president for all matters affecting NMSU employees and works closely with the university administration to promote and support the mission and vision of NMSU. Members participate in more than 18 standing committees focused on the administration of university policies, initiatives and incentives. Serving on the Employee Council is an excellent way to learn more about NMSU and how it operates, and become more involved in initiatives that benefit employees at NMSU. The Council is led by a Chair and Chair Elect who also serve on university executive-level administrative and policy making councils and boards.
The Employee Council exercises the following functions:
- Investigate matters involving the policies and procedures of the administration of the university.
- Make recommendations based on such investigations to the president of the university.
- Establish and maintain an organization of the university staff
a. To provide communication between the staff and the administration of the university.
b. To provide communication among the several parts of the university staff.
Can’t make it to the Employee Council Meeting in Person?
Employees may join the meeting remotely by using AdobeConnect. Watch for details in the NMSU Hotline or contact Denise Welsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-1402 for assistance before the meeting.