The Employee Council ‘A’ Mountain Staff Award provides the university family with a forum for spotlighting the good works of NMSU staff members who serve as an inspiration to others.
The award recognizes regular employees who epitomize integrity, dedication, skill, endurance, resilience, determination and passion.
Nominations are currently open for the Spring 2015 ‘A’ Mountain Staff Award.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to submit nominations. We are looking for candidates who demonstrate the following traits:
- Innovation: Exceptional efforts to improve the University’s effectiveness through enhanced systems or processes.
- Responsiveness: Resourceful, effective behaviors/actions demonstrated in reaction to an unforeseen circumstance or extraordinary situation; timeliness.
- Service: Exceptional efforts to provide superior service to all “customers.”
- Spirit: Positive outlook; supportive of NMSU’s initiatives and goals.
- Teamwork: Ability to work with others in another department/division toward a shared goal; ability to recognize diverse strengths.
- Above and beyond: Demonstrated service or support that is not normally expected as part of their everyday job responsibilities.
‘A’ Mountain Recipients Hall of Fame
Congratulations to the Fall 2014 Employee Council ‘A’ Mountain Staff Award Recipient!
Kathy Valadez, Fiscal Assistant, NMSU Agricultural Science Center at Los Lunas.