Established in 1983, an annual cash award is provided from the Stephen W. and Robert E. Roberts Memorial Endowment fund in recognition of dedicated, outstanding service to the university. The NMSU Employee Council has the final responsibility for the selection of the recipient for this award.
Congratulations to our 2016 recipient, Michael Ray – Director of New Mexico State University’s American Indian Programs
Check back with us again in Fall 2018 for more information on how to nominate someone.
Eligibility criteria for nominees:
1) Non-faculty status and not a member of either Administrative Council or Academic Dean’s Council.
2) Five or more consecutive years of service with the university.
In addition, the following traits are desirable for employees to become nominees for this award:
- A highly motivated person who is a self-starter.
- A person who exhibits dedication to the university.
- A person who will remain at the university after receiving the award and serve to influence others through behavior that exemplifies sincerity, motivation, and dedication.
- A person who not only performs a specific job, but who serves the university and community as a responsible citizen.